To help promote recognition of Alpha Chi on campus and in the community, chapters are encouraged to engage in service-oriented projects.
Service Project Ideas From Our Chapters:
- Organizing school supply drives for local elementary schools
- Offering campus orientation (meeting and greeting) for prospective students visiting campus
- Campus Clean-up days
- Offering free tutoring services
- Offering library orientation to new students
- Reading to Head Start children, or to children in a campus daycare center
- Offering basic computer training for adults/community members
- Adopting a local high school honor society and hosting its members for a day on campus
- Participating in the Adopt-a-Highway program
- Organizing a literacy initiative for children or adults, or collect books for RIF.
- Food drive during a local sporting event
- Participate as a chapter in marathon events for a charity organization
- Participate as a chapter in a Habitat for Humanity project.
- Volunteer for an event at a local museum or zoo (see what Texas Alpha Omicron did at their local zoo)